All our Independent Women In Leadership events are at the Waterfront Hotel, Downtown Burlington unless otherwise advised. Registration for all our events is via Meetup. Independent Women In Leadership events are primarily for women, but men are very welcome to attend. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:00pm – 7:00pm Waterfront Hotel, Burlington, ON
Evening Workshop and networking with Rita Zietsma
Personal Branding – What? Why? And How to Build a Strong Personal Brand
One of today’s buzz words is “personal branding”, but do you really understand what that means? Do you have a personal brand? Do you even need personal branding? How does personal branding apply to your business? What does a strong personal brand look like? How can you build and strengthen your personal brand? Rita will help you sort through the answers to these questions. You will leave with better clarity on how to strengthen your business and increase your sales with strong personal branding.
Rita Zietsma Bio
Rita Zietsma is a portrait photographer located in Burlington, ON. She specializes in personal branding, professional headshots and social media photography.
Rita began her career path as a high school teacher. She then went back to school herself to get her certificate in Graphic Design. She spent 3 years as a graphic designer in magazine creation. She then spent 12 years on the marketing team in one of Canada’s largest corporations supporting some of Canada’s largest brands. Photography was always a part of her role as a designer. She began her own photography business as a side hustle in 2011. As her business grew she knew it was time to fully embrace entrepreneurship. She has meshed her teaching, design, marketing, and photography skills to help business owners understand how and where they need to be seen, to help build brand identity and awareness, to create for them magazine quality portraits, as well as visual content for their businesses.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 5:00pm – 9: 30pm Nuvo Network, Burlington, ON
Evening Celebration with Lisa Lisson, CEO of FedEx Canada as keynote
International Women’s Day Celebration and Marketplace
This epic event is the collaboration with 7 women’s groups:
- Company of Women
- Independent Women in Leadership
- Insight Edge
- Mississauga Area Women in Business
- Halton/Hamilton United Way (Women Unite)
- Nuvo Network event location sponsor
What to expect?
An amazing event!
- Exciting Vendor Marketplace where you can shop til you drop with a choice of clothing, jewelry, organic skincare, eyeglasses, photography services, webdesign, food prep and delivery services, homestaging, interior design, senior move management, home repairs and many more services.
- Entertainment by Shanie Evans, LA recording artist
- International foods and complimentary wine
- Our PANEL discussion on women and leadership includes:
- 💜Lisa Lisson, President of FedEx Express Canada
- 💜 Indira Naidoo-Harris, Associate VP of Diversity and Human Rights at University of Guelph
- 💜 Amy Vodarek, President of Insight Edge and co-author of Good Enough
Our Moderator is:
💜 Saphia Khambalia – The Weather Network
Our MC for the evening celebration is:
💜 Kristine Leadbetter, Marketing and Business Development Manager, Gowling WLG and TV Host/Producer.